Where to find simple syrup in the grocery store should be simple, yeah?
Do you see what I did there? (Pun intended)
Simple syrup is the most common sweetener used for making cocktails and lemonade. It’s also easy to make; according to article on liquor.com and I quote
you can make simple syrup if you can boil water
Now back to the topic which grocery store aisle is simple syrup found?
Where Do I Find Simple Syrup in the Grocery Store?
The wine section/cocktail mix is the first place you should check. It would help if you understood that stores might put items differently from the competition.
Another aisle to look for is the soft drinks and coffee bean aisle. Any section with sweeteners is an excellent place to check. The alcoholic beverage aisle is another sweet-spot the syrup is stored.
It is not that hard to find it; it’s s****ple. Sorry, I couldn’t resist.
Stores that Sell Simple Syrup
Below are some of the stores that have simple syrup in stock;
- Sweeten your day with our sugar-free syrup made using only pure Stevia extract and natural flavors; Tastes just as sweet and satisfying as the original, without the sugar and added calories
- Satisfy your sugar cravings with this diet-friendly syrup; Contains zero calories and zero carbs; Enhance the taste and flavor of your favorite recipes for everyone in the family to enjoy
- Enjoy a decadent twist to your favorite treats and beverages; Add it to milk, coffee and lattes, top off ice cream and desserts or drizzle over waffles, pancakes or baked goods
- Gluten-free, low-glycemic, vegan, non-GMO and sugar-free; Ideal for keto, low carb and sugar sensitive lifestyles
- NuNaturals makes naturally-sweetened sugar-free products that taste great and are good for you; We're committed to creating ethically and sustainably sourced foods that support your wellness
Amazon has ample options of simple syrup. The incredible thing is you can get it at a subsidized price compared to your local shop. Amazon also offers door-to-door delivery. So lay on the comfort of your couch order syrups like stirrings pure cane, Nunaturals premium plant-based simple syrup, and Jordan skinny syrups sugar.
Whole foods is a no-brainer when it comes to buying groceries. If you want a proven store with organic and natural food products, then wholefoods is the store.
Just like Amazon, it boasts multiple brands you can choose from the option. You should look for the sweeteners/honey section or the alcoholic aisle.
Safeway is another hotspot you can find simple syrup. They have a couple of popular brands like the master of mixes and stirrings.
Walmart stores simple syrup in the baking and condiment section. The stirrings and cocktail artist are the most popular option you’d find. Use the store locator on Walmart’s website as it allows users to track any product available in the store.
The Wine is an excellent place to begin your search for simple syrup. If you can’t find it, call the attention of Wegman staff to point you in the right direction.
Liquor stores and simple syrup are like Bonny and Clyde. Most liquor stores have it. Check-in with the closest store around you.
The cocktail ingredient area is where simple syrup is usually stored. The honey and cocktail aisles are good areas they are found as well.
Substitutes For Simple Syrup
There are a handful of substitutes for simple syrup, which includes;
- Agave syrup
- Marple Syrup
For more articles on where to find items in the grocery store, check these other grocery guides;
Moses Dzarmah is the founder of Grocerycorridor. Having worked in the grocery store for almost all his life. His colleagues called him the grocery hermit for his knowledge around the field that’s encompassing. Almost disturbing that he’d know every nitty gritty part associated to grocery stores. I decided to pen down as my colleagues will endearingly say with a slight mockery “wealth of experience”.