Table of Contents
Looking to get Farro for your dish, but not sure where to find it in the grocery store? We have written this guide to help you find Farro in the best qualities available.
Grocery stores typically sell Farro in its raw and dried form. You can cook it in hot water the same way you cook brown rice. Farro is also an ancient grain and has been in existence for centuries in Egypt and Italy.
As people’s interest in whole grain is stepping up, the popularity of Farro is rising in the USA. Now, many people are incorporating it into their daily diet. Some people are topping it up with roasted fruit and cream or yogurt.
Which grocery store aisle is Farro found?
The first place to check in the grocery store for Farro is the Grain Aisle. If you don’t find it there, you can look for substitute grains and rice blends on the shelves.
Also, look for Farro in the Natural Food Aisle. If the grains are separated based on brands, you would want to pay more attention to the Whole grains aisle.
Grocery stores also sell Farro in bulk. So another section you can find Farro in is the Bulk section.
Grocery stores to buy Farro
With Amazon, you will have many products and brands to choose from and compare prices. You can also buy in bulk here, plus it can get delivered to your doorstep. They have the BOBS RED MILL Organic Whole Grain, Bobs Red Mill Grain Farro, Roland Foods Pearled Italian Farro.
- One, 24 oz. Resealable stand up bag (1.5 lbs.)
- Usda Certified Organic; Vegan; Vegetarian; High in fiber; Kosher Pareve
- Ancient Grain
- 7g Protein per serving
- Excellent source of dietary fiber
- 🌾 MEDITERRANEAN CUISINE: An ancient grain from the wheat family, farro, that has long been popular in Mediterranean cuisine. These small, chestnut-hued grains are widely-loved for its delicious nutty flavor and unique, chewy texture-similar to barley, but with stronger hints of caramel undertones
- 👩🍳 GOURMET FOOD: This whole grain is not only fun to eat (they pop a little when chewed!) but is also a nutritional powerhouse. Farro is an excellent source of protein, gut-healthy fiber, free-radicals-fighting antioxidants, and health-enhancing minerals. A much healthier alternative to white rice or other refined grains.
- ✔️ KOSHER: We set the bar, and the kitchen, high. We take pride in selecting only the finest ingredients for you.
- 🌎 TASTE THE WORLD: Our Farro comes from Umbria, Italy.
- 🌟 ZIBARI: We are a premium purveyor of authentic culinary foods from around the world, offering a diverse range of iconic international cuisines. Sourced from our global partners–from small, artisanal regional producers to large, well-established factories–that practice traditional farming or production techniques that yield an exceptional culinary experience, Zibari specialty foods celebrate the cuisines and cultures–and is, at its core, an invitation to Taste the World.
Local food store
Your local food store might have bulk Farro. If you can’t find it, you should consider the packaged form.
Just like Amazon, Walmart lets you choose from different brands like Roland, Food to Live, Campanini, Earthly Choice, and so on. Walmart also has an online locator that allows you to check for price and the availability of the item you want to purchase.
Whole Foods Market
At Whole Foods Market, you will find many brands of Farro. Check the grains aisle when next you are in Whole Foods Market.
There are various Farro products that you can get from Safeway. From Earthly Choice to Bob’s Red Mill and Bartolini.
Check packaged Farro brands like Earthly Choice and Bob’s Red Mill at Publix.
At Kroger, you will have the chance to buy the Kroger brand and a few other brands. You might want to stop there and shop.
Head straight to the Grains and Dry Pasta Aisle and pick your choice brand of Farro.
Check ethnic markets, especially if you want to get Farro in bulk. But, of course, you can also buy the packaged ones.
Is Farro healthy to eat?
Yes, it is. Farro is a good source of nutrients like protein, fiber, magnesium, and iron. It also provides many health benefits to people with diabetes and improves heart and brain health.
How do you eat Farro?
Farro is a delicious and versatile grain. You can choose to throw some cooked amounts in your salad. Its chewy nature makes a soothing condiment in soups and stew. You might also want to use Farro in your risotto-like dishes.
- Find chia seeds in the grocery store
- Where to find wheat berries in grocery store
- How & where to find Cornstarch in the Grocery Store
- Where to find barley in a grocery store
Moses Dzarmah is the founder of Grocerycorridor. Having worked in the grocery store for almost all his life. His colleagues called him the grocery hermit for his knowledge around the field that’s encompassing. Almost disturbing that he’d know every nitty gritty part associated to grocery stores. I decided to pen down as my colleagues will endearingly say with a slight mockery “wealth of experience”.