Cotija cheese makes great toppings for salads, beans, tostadas, and wet burritos. It adds a rich and savory flavor to your food. If you’re trying to find it in a grocery store, keep reading this post. We’ll point you to the right aisle.
What aisle is Cotija cheese in?
You can find Cotija Cheese in the Cheese aisle of the grocery store. There will be many brands of cheese there, so ensure to have your eyes wide open and carefully scanning the shelves or you’d miss it.
The second section to check is the dairy section. Some grocery stores keep it among other milk products. However, if you can’t find the cheese there, ask for help from an employee in the grocery store.
Stores that sell Cotija cheese
Our top choices
Amazon should be your first choice of places to shop at. It has numerous brands of Cotija Cheese and cheese powders at discounted rates. You can also have whatever brand delivered to your doorstep. Buying in bulk can also save you more money than the grocery store.
- Authentic Mexican Cheese Cotija 100% Natural Real California Cheese and Milk High Quality Artisanal Cheese since 1988 Arrives Cold and Fresh to your door
- Exclusively selected and passionately sourced from farmers and producers around the world
- No hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup or added MSG
Walmart offers different brands of cotija cheese like Kraft Grated Cheese and El Mexicano Casero Fresco. Use the Walmart online store locater to find a Walmart store near you.
Whole Foods Market – they have already grated cotija cheese. You can also have it delivered to your doorstep using their online platform.
Costco – They have different brands of cotija cheese to choose from. They also do home deliveries.
Publix – Inside publix, you will find Cotija Cheese in the dairy section. There are many options you can select.
Kroger – Kroger stores Cotija Cheese in the Cheese section. You can also find other good brands to pick from.
Safeway – You can either go to the store or order from the comfort of your home. Cotija Cheese is stored in the cheese or dairy section.
Hannaford – Hannaford also provides many product brands.
Recipes for Cotija Cheese
- Cheese and Poblano Quesadillas
- Chorizo and Cheese Bread
- Cream of Avocado-Lime Soup
- Elote (Mexican Corn on the Cob)
- Enchiladas Nortenas with Grilled Chicken and Queso Quesadilla
- Grilled Beef Tenderloin with Chipotle Sauce and Menonita Cheese
- Mazatlan Fisherman’s Stew (Mexican Bouillabaisse)
- Mexican Grilled Corn
If you’ve read this far, you should know where to find Cotija Cheese in a grocery store. If you still can’t let’s make a recap on locations you should check.
Your first stop should be the cheese section, the second is the dairy, and then the bakery aisle. If you can’t find it in any of the locations mentioned, ask an employee.
We also write on locations on other items you find in a grocery store. Check them out below;
- Where to find barley in a grocery store
- Where to find yogurt starter in the Grocery store
- Where to Find Zucchini Noodles In Grocery Store
- Where to find Cannoli shells in the grocery store
Moses Dzarmah is the founder of Grocerycorridor. Having worked in the grocery store for almost all his life. His colleagues called him the grocery hermit for his knowledge around the field that’s encompassing. Almost disturbing that he’d know every nitty gritty part associated to grocery stores. I decided to pen down as my colleagues will endearingly say with a slight mockery “wealth of experience”.