Table of Contents
Becoming a DoorDash driver is a good side hustle. But when do you get paid Door Dash earnings?
DoorDash pays drivers weekly for all deliveries. The payment is processed within 2 to 3 days before the money is sent directly to your bank account. Most times, you will receive the payment on a Wednesday night.
But there are faster ways to collect your payment. E.g. Fast Pay and DasherDirect. In this article, you’ll learn about it, as well as other information on receiving DoorDash payments.
What are the faster ways to withdraw DoorDash earnings?
Fast Pay is what DoorDash drivers use to collect their earnings on the same day, instead of waiting for a week. However, Dashers have to pay a small fee of $1.99. Fast Pay also requires only a debit card. So if you are using a prepaid card, you can’t access Fast Pay. Alternatively, you can use DasherDirect.
With DasherDirect, you can withdraw your earnings directly to your bank account without paying any fees. You can also withdraw your earnings right after every delivery you make, if you prefer. But you’d still need a prepaid debit card.
Note that: You can’t use Fast Pay and DasherDirect at the same time. So if you’d like to use Fast Pay, you’ll need to switch from DasherDirect to Weekly direct deposit.
How do I qualify for Fast Pay and DasherDirect?
To qualify for Fast Pay and DasherDirect, you’ll need to meet the following requirements.
- You must complete a minimum of 25 lifetime deliveries. Lifetime deliveries simply refer to the total number of delivery errands or dashes you’ve completed since you became a DoorDash driver.
- You must use the DoorDash platform for at least 14 days, or rather, 2 weeks since your activation. This is when you have received your activation kit and approved as a DoorDash driver. Your activation kit includes a hot bag, red card and a manual.
- You must’ve set up your account and added your debit card after 7 days before reading this post. Why? Because it takes 7 days to process your debit card after you add it to your Fast Pay account. So it is expected that after those 7 days, you can begin using your card to make transactions.
- You didn’t update your debit card information within the past 7 days.
- You’ll need to provide your personal information. This includes your name, date of birth, home address, driver’s license, and your Social Security Number. Sometimes, DoorDash may request for follow-up information to process and complete your application. It may take up to 3 days to get approved for DasherDirect.
- After approval, you’ll need to download the DasherDirect app to be able to make your withdrawals. You’ll also receive your prepaid credit card, which will take up to 10 business days to arrive via mail. Before it arrives, DoorDash will send you a temporary virtual card through email. You can use it until your physical DasherDirect card is ready.
Can I use Fast Pay immediately?
Once you set up your Fast Pay account, you’ll have to wait 7 days for DoorDash to process your information. So you can’t use Fast Pay immediately after creating your account.
After the waiting period is over, you can begin using Fast Pay immediately. If you want to use Fast Pay to withdraw your earnings. open your Dasher app and follow these steps:
- Click on the “Earnings” tab. Then click on “Deposits and Transfers”.
- You should see the “Cash out with Fast Pay” option. Click on it to withdraw your earnings to your debit card account immediately.
Note that: Withdrawing your earnings with Fast Pay will cost you $1.99, and you can only withdraw once a day. So it’s advisable to wait until you’ve completed all your deliveries for that day before withdrawing. You can cash out any money available in your Earnings balance. But you can’t cash out earnings from deliveries that are still in progress.
Why can’t I access Fast Pay?
If you can’t access Fast Pay, it could be because of the following reasons:
1. You don’t have an active Dasher account
To fix this:
- Signup to become a Dasher. Once you’re verified, then download the Dasher app and complete your first delivery.
- After doing that, open your Dasher app to enter your home address. This is so that Door Dash will send you your welcome or activation kit.
2. You have no funds in your DoorDash Earnings
Before trying to withdraw your DoorDash Earnings, check that you have money available in the “Earnings” tab of your DoorDash app.
3. You have already used Fast Pay for the day
You can only use Fast Pay once a day. So if you’ve already withdrawn your earnings for that day, you’d have to wait till the next day to withdraw again.
4. You are not in the USA
Fast Pay is only available to Dashers in the United States of America. If you are outside the country, then you can’t access or use Fast Pay. Dashers in other countries use alternatives like DailyPay. E.g. Canada.
Just a recap!
In this article, we answered the question, “When do you get paid Door Dash earnings?”. We also showed you the best alternative payment methods to the DoorDash weekly payment system. Now you can withdraw your earnings with ease!
For more interesting reads, check out the recommendations below:
- Top 6 food delivery apps that accept cash near me
- Instacart vs. Shipt: Which grocery delivery service is better to shop with?
- Should You Tip Walmart Grocery Delivery Drivers?
Irene is a Freelance Writer who helps professionals and startups build an audience with original content online. She has written over +100 articles, and is backed up by over 2 years worth of experience. She loves gaming and listening to music, while she’s not tapping furiously on her laptop.