Everyone hates store frenzy hours. You meet way more people than you plan to see in a week in just one day.
Don’t get us started on the empty store shelves that have been raided before you’ve even decided on what to buy. Instead of waiting for when Walmart is going to restock, why not shop online?
Online grocery shopping is a lifesaver, and gigantic retail chains like Walmart are still in the business of home deliveries, in spite of the COVID pandemic.
If you’re new to shopping at Walmart’s online interface, here’s a short guide on how to order from Walmart by phone or laptop in less than 2 minutes.
How to order from Walmart by phone & laptop for delivery
You can order from Walmart by phone or laptop through the official website or by using the mobile app. The items you purchase will be delivered straight to your doorstep at a service charge (see the delivery fees section for price details).
Step #1: Create a Walmart account
- To shop on the official Walmart website, open your browser. For this walkthrough, we’ll be using the Chrome browser because of its intuitive and user-friendly interface. If you haven’t already, create a Walmart account before proceeding to place an order.
Step #2: Select an item
- Go to the Walmart official website and type the name of the item or product you want to order into the search bar. E.g. Miso paste.
- You’ll be redirected to a Walmart search results page where multiple product variations will appear. Click on the product or brand you want to order.
- Tap on the Quantity option to select the quantity you want to buy. Then click on Add to cart.
- Walmart will notify you that the item has been added to your online shopping cart. Click on View cart to see the estimated total of your order.
Step #3: Checkout your item
- If you’re satisfied with your selection, click on Checkout or scroll up and click on Remove to delete the item from your cart.
Walmart bars customers from buying too many items online. So if you exceed the maximum number of 32 items, the online interface will ask you to remove some products before you can proceed.
- In the Delivery and options page, you can view your complete order details and add a coupon code to get a discount. Click on Continue to proceed.
- On the next page, enter your location details to enable Walmart to deliver the item to your correct address. Hit Continue and follow the prompts enter your payment details and complete your order.
And voila! You’ve just learnt how to order from Walmart by phone and laptop.
If you’re planning on ordering items like cigarettes, you’ll have a tough time as Walmart doesn’t deliver cigarettes nor do grocery delivery services like Instacart.
Delivery fees & service charges applied
If you order from Walmart by phone or laptop for delivery, you should expect to pay a grocery delivery fee of $7.95 or higher.
But if you place an order online and choose to pick up the item instead, you won’t pay any delivery fee. However, pickups can be stressful.
You can avoid that stress by subscribing for Walmart’s Delivery Unlimited package. The package costs $12.95 per month and $98 per year, which both cover all delivery fees for any item you order within that duration.
Here are some Walmart related guides to help you navigate grocery stores like a pro shopper:
- What time does Walmart Money Center close?
- Does Walmart drug test employees?
- Does Kroger accept Apple Pay?
Irene is a Freelance content writer who helps professionals and startups build an audience with original content online. She has written over +100 articles, and is backed up by 3 years experience. She loves gaming and listening to music, while she’s not tapping furiously on her laptop.